Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- peanut oil or canola oil
- 8 oz beef tenderloin, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For the stir fry sauce:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes
- splash of chili oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- Cauliflower rice – to serve
- green onion tops sliced – garnish
- sesame seeds – garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut cleaned broccoli into small florets. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cut beef with the grain into 1 1/2 inch strips. In a bowl, mix the beef strips with soy sauce and granulated garlic and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing together the sauce ingredients listed above, whisking together well.
- Heat your wok over medium high heat on stove with a tablespoon of peanut oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add half of the marinated beef strips and cook until meat is browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another tablespoon of oil and repeat cooking the rest of the meat.
- Clean the pan of excess oil and beef residue – I wad up a paper towel and grasping it with tongs, give a quick swipe of the bottom of the pan.
- Add some more oil to the pan, once it is hot, add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for one minute then add the sliced bok choy. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stir fry sauce, cook over medium high heat and the add the meat. Cook until sauce boils and then thickens. Toss in the roasted broccoli, stir until everything is nicely coated, and serve over cauliflower rice, garnish with sliced green onion tops and sesame seeds.
In the wok: