On this page, I’ll have my weigh-in charts. I’m planning on biweekly weigh-ins rather than stepping on the scale every morning only to freak out over losses of only 0.5 lb or the even-more-dreaded water weight gain.
This chart is courtesy of the Livestrong site. really, they have everything, all sorts of tools to help you break down and examine every last aspect of your diet and exercise regimen.
February 12, 2014
Now, to give some background on the previous dips in weight:
- From May, 31 – August 6, 2012, I took part in a local gym’s 6-week fitness program which focused on weight loss and fitness. As part of the program, participants got a full membership to the club, with access to all the equipment and any of the classes. I LOVED it, and would eventually love to join that gym as a member again once I get a job and get my finances squared away. During those 6 weeks, I lost 15 pounds, going from 213 to 198.
- In the intervening year from August, 2012 to August, 2013, I was in a nursing program and exercise took a position way far away on the back burner, and I gained back about 10 pounds. after I graduated, I started low-carbing it again and started up with the Insanity workout. I went from 209 – 204 in two weeks. I stopped the workout a few weeks later in mid-September, but watched my diet, and then dropped to 197 by October 15, 2013.
- On October 15, I had an IUD inserted and from that point to the end of the year, despite no change in diet, but still mostly sedentary, gained 27 pounds of mostly fluid and fat in my midsection. I was freaking out, especially because ultrasounds showed a mass on my ovary. Naturally, I was thinking ovarian cancer. This is still a medical issue up in the air, with my doctors ordering frequent ultrasounds, but I’m determined to follow a LCHF diet and work back up to doing the Insanity workout to aid with the weight loss.
- The last dip on the graph shows how far I’ve come since the beginning of the year. Not too shabby.
February 26, 2014
This is awesome.
- 5 pounds down in the past 2 weeks! This is more or less my goal, though I know I’ll have plateaux and maybe a few periods of accelerated weight loss. Still, I am very happy with this.
- The other day, Sunday, I made the mistake of stepping on the scale, and it had barely budged from earlier, clocking in at 209. I was upset and discouraged, BUT… I did not binge! That in itself is a major victory. I resigned myself to the idea that perhaps my weight loss this time around would be slower than it has in the past, so I wasn’t hoping for a large loss when I stepped on the scale this morning. Imagine my glee and delight when I saw the 204.8. 😀
- I can do this! This sort of number makes me want to stick even more stringently to the keto ratios. 😀
July 5, 2014
Ok. Back for more.
Now at first glace, it may not seem as though a 1-pound weight loss since February 26 is such a big deal…until you see that it spiked way up to 212 on May 14, 2014.
So yay for getting back on the straight and narrow, and no beating myself up for faltering.
“Keep Calm, and Keto On” #kcko
Almost 4 pounds lost in 13 days of my Keto Reboot. Not too shabby.
July 23, 2014
The steady downward trend continues, with some day-to-day fluctuation for fluid retention, which is why I only log semi-weekly/weekly weights and keep my eye on the long-term goal. As long as it continues to go down, I’m good. I’m almost 30 pounds down from the first of the year.
August 1, 2014
I’ve had a tumultuous week,but stayed strong and did not veer from my macros, and I did continue to get in some good cardio. I had a “stall + whoosh” period – every time I stepped on the scale, I saw 196, 197, 196.something, etc. On Friday, to see that 3 in that last position? What a thrill and a relief. The steady downward trend marches on!
August 11, 2014
I’m clearly in a stall period right now; only 1 pound down in the past 11 days. Eyes on the prize and all that.
Down half a pound in the past three days. That’s better! What’s more, it puts me right on the cusp of moving out of the dreadful-sounding Obese Class II category. Just a few ounces, even, and I’ll be on my way down to being merely Overweight.
Patience pays off.
So does Keto. 😉
Here is a close-up view of my recent weight trend starting this June.
Little stall and a BIG “whoosh.” The fact that I have been sick and stressed out and eating hardly anything this week, I’m sure has contributed to it. But I’ll take it.